Dragonfly Yoga Studio Classes and Teacher Training
What You Need to Know about our yoga studio in Fort Walton Beach
Dragonfly Yoga Studio is centrally located in Fort Walton Beach Florida, offering yoga classes to all surrounding areas including Destin, Navarre, Crestview, Niceville and nearby military bases.
Curious about our Yoga Teacher Training program? Wondering what to expect from our yoga studio? Below are answers to common questions by our clients about our yoga classes and yoga studio.
Is Yoga Right for Me?
Be easy with yourself as you begin. Yoga can and does have a profoundly positive impact on those who practice. It's important to start at a level that feels energizing and fun. This will increase your experience through positive reinforcement. We say to "be where you are and enjoy yourself." Depending on the class, you may sweat and feel your body working and becoming stronger. You will always be given plenty of room to take it down a notch or up one! Listen to your body and follow the "AHHH!" and the class will be perfect for you.
What Do I need to bring to my Yoga Class?
Most students wear light, comfortable exercise clothing and bring their own yoga mat to class. But mats are also available at Dragonfly Yoga as are all other props needed for class.
What is a Yoga Class Like at Dragonfly Yoga?
Dragonfly Yoga Classes vary from active to gentle. Active classes feature active postures that exhilarate and de-stress. Easy classes offer an easier pace and a blend of active and passive poses. Chill classes involve restorative, minimal movements and quiet postures.
Most yoga classes begin with a warm up, a solid practice, a cool down and ending with a relaxing savasana, the resting pose that revitalizes and refreshes the body, post practice. You will experience poses that will strengthen the focus of the mind and support the five essential aspects of the body. The spine, the hips, the shoulders, the core abdominals, and the neck are all brought to a uniform balance leading to a supple and vital body. The restorative classes....called chill...are designed to ease the nervous system and reduce mental and emotional stress through quietness and easy, peaceful postures.
What will my experience be like at Dragonfly Yoga Studio?
The yoga taught at Dragonfly Yoga is a form of physical positions and movements that create an environment of concentration and relaxation. The day and problems fall away as you step on to your mat and focus on the body and breath. Ease into the body and the mind will follow.
Yoga Teacher Training
Dragonfly Yoga Studio is a RYS - Registered Yoga Studio. Dragonfly Yoga Studio offers an extensive, comprehensive, and enriching Yoga teacher training program tailored to both aspiring teachers and serious students of all levels. People often ask Laura Tyree what she enjoys most about Dragonfly Yoga Studios Yoga Teacher Training Program.
"Watching the growth of people and the amount of growing that I personally do in the program. You can't go through a yoga teacher training program like this and be so connected to people and not start to really grow inwardly with your inward maturity. I think that's part of the reason why I keep teaching and opening classes."
What is the suggested Yoga etiquette at Dragonfly Yoga Studio?
Dragonfly Yoga Studio is a classic, revitalizing yoga studio offering yoga classes for all fitness levels, including yoga for beginners, energizing classes and restorative yoga. The suggested Yoga etiquette is as follows:
- If you have a falling out with another yoga studio or teacher, don't speak ill of them.
- Be happy, just not LOUD.
- Finish your cell phone conversation in the courtyard before you enter.
- Shoes stay in the lobby.
- Personal belongings on shelf in sanctuary.
- Get to yoga class a bit early so you don’t have to rush.
- If you’re late, wait until after meditation before you enter and set up.
- Be kind with yourself. No straining.
- Have some food in your system, but not in your stomach.
- No chewing gum during practice.
- Stay home if you have a fever.
- No babies. We love them, just not during practice.
- Bring a beginner to a beginner yoga class.
- Leave the props better than you found them.
- Help the new student with props and set up.
- Turn your cell phone on silent.
- Refrain from wearing strong perfumes/cologne.
- Shower before class if you are a non believer in anti-perspirant .
- Don’t get out of hand cutting up in class.
- If you have an ugly attitude, you will be sent home with no savasana.
- NO politics.
- Keep up with your things. Items will be assumed after their two weeks stay.
- By all means…ENJOY your practice.
What airports are in the vicinity of Dragonfly Yoga Studio?
Dragonfly Yoga Studio is centrally located in downtown Fort Walton Beach Fl. Clients from Destin, Navarre, Crestview, Niceville and area military bases frequent Dragonfly Yoga Studio. Three major airports from Pensacola to Fort Walton to Panama City Beach can easily be accessed from the studio. Airports in the vicinity to Dragonfly Yoga Studio:
What Restaurants are near Dragonfly Yoga Studio?
Dragonfly Yoga Studio is conveniently located in Fort Walton Beach, right downtown within walking distance to great local restaurants. Food and/or restaurants in the area of Dragonfly Yoga Studio include:
- Ali's Bistro
171 Brooks St SE, Fort Walton Beach
- Burrito del Sol- Fort Walton
201-B Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton
- Café Italia
189 Brooks St SE, Fort Walton Beach
- Magnolia Grill
157 Brooks St SE, Fort Walton Beach
- Publix Grocery Store
251 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach
For full list of Downtown Fort Walton Beach Restaurants visit: Downtown FWB Website
- Ali's Bistro
What hotels are near Dragonfly Yoga Studio?
Just visiting? There are a number of hotels within the Fort Walton Beach area that are a 5 minute drive to Dragonfly Yoga Studio and close to nearby beaches including:
- Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront
380 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach
- Emerald Coast Inn & Suites
1214 U.S. Hwy 98 E, Fort Walton Beach
- Four Points by Sheraton Destin-Fort Walton Beach
1325 Miracle Strip Parkway Southeast, Fort Walton Beach
- Hampton Inn Fort Walton Beach
1112 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach
- The Breakers
381 Santa Rosa Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
3 Southwest Miracle Strip Pkwy, Fort Walton Beach
- Ramada Plaza Beach Resort
1500 Miracle Strip Parkway, SE, Fort Walton Beach
- Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront